Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Surgery Update

Josiah is doing much better after his circumcision last Thursday. Thank you all for all your prayers, calls, texts, and love.

He was so cute in his hospital jammies. The nurses could not get over how good and sweet he was, even after going without food and sleep for so long, and being poked for bloodwork. His smiles and sweetness won them all over :)

It was very hard for me to see him in so much pain for the first few hours afterward. When we walked back into the recovery area, I could hear his tiny hoarse cry. He was covered in wires and tubes, and the nurse was trying to feed him some apple juice. I took him and he immediately calmed down a good bit, and fell back asleep after receiving some morphine.

As I sat rocking him, and I saw the other children coming out of OR into recovery, tears rolled down my cheeks. As much as I disagree with women being so prominent in the workplace, I thanked God for the women nurses. You could see their Mommy's hearts as they cared for the precious children. I will tell you, though, I don't think I could work there.

He still cries if I try to clean it much, and if he gets bumped in that area, but over all, it's doing well.

Enjoy the pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment